Perform Offline Upgrade
To our dear customers from China :
We know chinese firewall is blocking our updates, and we are working on solving that. Our final goal would be to provide USB upgrade but we still have some work to do to get there.
During that time, here is the explanation to update it yourself.
- Have all the system up and running.
- The process is the same for a Camera or a Gateway. The Tag is different but there is no apparent problems with the firewall for the Tag.
- Connect to the Gateway wifi.
- Scan your IPs (to find the Cameras). We are using LanScan on OSX, but there are many other tools available (nmap for the hacker inside you…). IP Tools on Android is very easy to use. Just remember to scan IPs from 192.168.42.1 to 192.168.42.255, while being connected to the Gateway wifi.
- Now that you found your Camera IPs (the Gateway IP is always 192.168.42.1), you will have to connect to its Samba server to perform the update.
Here is a few tutorials to connect to a Samba share :
The address is :
smb://192.168.42.166 (replace the IP with the one you scanned)
User : root
Password : tWy9LbRK7dW25S
- Now that you are inside your Camera / Gateway, here is what it looks like :
- First drag and drop the update file downloaded above
NOTE : if your current version is over version 1.0, you don’t need to do the following steps.
- Unzip it (double click, twice), until you have the folder :
- You are almost there ! Open that folder, select the following files and drag and drop them into “script” folder at the root :
You are done !!! Congratulations ! Just reboot now.
Check your version
(only working since the latest update, version 1.0)
Download the latest Master Control
Extract it and open index.html
You will see the version informations here :
(note: it might not retrieve the latest available software revision if you are using Google Chrome)
Any more troubles ? Tell us at email@example.com