Websocket, Gateway, Server, and Client setup

VR Tracker : 3D Positional Tracker for Virtual Reality Forums Forum Software Websocket, Gateway, Server, and Client setup

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jules Thuillier 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

NPinion
    Participant

I saw the latest update guys, that is great news. I have been struggling to get VRTracker up and running. I am running into issues when I try to launch the Gateway. I’m not much of a software guy other than some basic experience with C++ and limited experience with Unity, and I have zero experience with Python. I am working from a clean install of all related software/programs attempting to run the gateway on a PC. I’m hoping to get a little more instruction on how to actually launch the gateway.

I am working from the updated files posted recently. I opened Python IDLE, then opened the module websocketserver.py. When trying to run this module I get the error

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “C:\<PATH>\VR Tracker\VrTrackerUpdate\VrTracker\Gateway\websocketserver.py”, line 2, in <module>
    from websocket_server import WebsocketServer
    File “C:\<PATH>\VR Tracker\VrTrackerUpdate\VrTracker\Gateway\websocket_server.py”, line 2, in <module>
    ImportError: cannot import name WebsocketServer

This led me to believe that the module was missing the underscore so I changed the module name to websocket_server.py. Running this new module produces this error

File “C:\Users\Nate\Documents\000 Projects\VR Tracker\VrTrackerUpdate\VrTracker\Gateway\websocket_server.py”, line 2, in <module>
    File “C:\Users\Nate\Documents\000 Projects\VR Tracker\VrTrackerUpdate\VrTracker\Gateway\websocket_server.py”, line 2, in <module>
    ImportError: cannot import name WebsocketServer

Obviously I was going down the wrong, so I decided to just comment out line 2 (from websocket_server import WebsocketServer)
    This started producing what I assume to be library errors

File “C:\Users\Nate\Documents\000 Projects\VR Tracker\VrTrackerUpdate\VrTracker\Gateway\websocket_server.py”, line 3, in <module>
    import Camera
    File “C:\Users\Nate\Documents\000 Projects\VR Tracker\VrTrackerUpdate\VrTracker\Gateway\Camera.py”, line 2, in <module>
    import numpy as np
    ImportError: No module named numpy

Ive also tried countless other methods and none of them really panned out. Obviously the Chrome plugin is not going to do anything for me if the module is not running. At this point I am beyond frustrated. I cant even get the libraries installed.

Can you give me some further guidance on how to actually get this gateway running.

I could help do some of the CAD case work if needed.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  NPinion.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  NPinion.

Jules Thuillier
    Keymaster

Hi !
    Sorry for the lack of information on that. We faced the dilemma to either work on the very new version of the Gateway (which is totally different, in C++ and not Python anymore) or make Documentation for the Python software. As we want to release the system as soon as possible we preferred to on developing the new software. I am very sorry for the inconvenience it can bring to people trying to setup their own system at the moment.

Concerning your errors those are library problems.

The first one is with WebsocketServer libray. I had to modified myself from an existing library, but I think I didn’t shared the modification. It is now on GitHub

The second error shows that you are missing the numpy library. You can install it from the instructions on Numpy’s website or if you are on Linux, using pip
    pip install numpy

Then to start the Gateway you have to use
    sudo python vrtracker.py

In vrtracker.py you can change the IP address for your own.

I hope I could help 😉

Hardware Dev

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.