Ways to improve these forums?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jules Thuillier 1 year ago.

• Author

Paul Yeung
    Participant

Hi Mods,

I would like to make suggestions to make this forum really thrive.

1) Any chance we can add in signatures in our posts? Would be good for users to put in their PC specs so it helps troubleshooting faster.
    2) I can’t seem to embed images into a post. I tried using the /img tag on a Imgur link but nothing displays.
    3) Any way to add small files into a post (such as binary files).

That’s all I can think of for now 🙂

VR Tracker Beta 1 Dev Kit User

Jules Thuillier
    Keymaster

Hi there !

1) Signature : DONE !
    2) Image : I guess you can use 3) 😉
    3) Files : DONE !

Hardware Dev

Paul Yeung
    Participant

Hmmm with images, wouldn’t it be better if we could embed them wherever we want to inside the post? I’m thinking more of the scenario whereby if I’m trying to make a “tutorial” post (which will have to happen eventually!) it would be nicer to have the images flow through with the captions. At the moment the solution is to get the users to refer to a picture at the bottom of the post – it’ll get pretty tiring scrolling up and down after a while.

Are we able to have the “Keep a log of this edit” turned off by default? It will de-clutter the editing of posts too 🙂

Sorry I’m being a bit of a pain 😛

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jules Thuillier
    Keymaster

Hello !

I have just installed a new plugin allowing to use the visual editor, and that seems to be way better ! Now we can embed images ! Hourra !

Trying image upload

What is the “Keep a log of this edit” ? I haven’t seen that so far :/

Hardware Dev

Paul Yeung
    Participant

Hi Jules,

Do you think we should have a tutorials/guides section in these forums?

That would be a good place to for users to quickly look through articles.. rather than mixing random threads with ‘how to’ guides.

Cheers,

Paul

Jules Thuillier
    Keymaster

Hi Paul !

I don’t know if it should be a place specific for tutorial, or use pinned threads on top on each section for the tuto. What do you think ?

Hardware Dev

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.