VR Tracker in Unity

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexandre Mao 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

roypo
    Participant

Hello guys!

I’m pierre-Olivier Roy from CDRIN in Matane, you might remember me from us badgering you guys over email about a kit for one of our projects. Anyways, we received the one we ordered last week and installed it, works great so far, pretty impressive. We set it up on tripods in our mocap studio and got everything to hold together through the power of tape.

We started setting up a Unity project / test scene with an oculus Rift to get going and have a few questions about the tracker’s behavior.

• We are getting a lot of jerking/twitching on the tag position when we move, which in turns jerks the view. What settings should we look to tweak to smooth out the position? Or is that maybe a calibration problem?
    • We are getting nagged by Oculus’ default menu when we try to run the scene in editor with the native sensors unplugged. Do you know a reliable way to tell Oculus to shup up about it’s native sensors being unplugged?
    • The current calibration method is a PITA, I overheard you guys are trying to move on towards wand calibration. Do you have an ETA on that?

Thanks for you answers and your time!

Alexandre Mao
    Keymaster

Hi Pierre-Olivier,

Thank you for reaching to us. To answer your different questions :
    We are getting a lot of jerking/twitching on the tag position when we move, which in turns jerks the view. What settings should we look to tweak to smooth out the position? Or is that maybe a calibration problem?
    That might be a calibration problem, can you tell me how many points did you use ? And maybe if you can send me a video (support@vrtracker.xyz). It will be easier for me to tell you the source of the problem.

We are getting nagged by Oculus’ default menu when we try to run the scene in editor with the native sensors unplugged. Do you know a reliable way to tell Oculus to shup up about it’s native sensors being unplugged?
    Currently we do not have a reliable way to do that. But we are working on it to, we will keep you update on that.

The current calibration method is a PITA, I overheard you guys are trying to move on towards wand calibration. Do you have an ETA on that?
    For the wand calibration, this is going in the good way on our side. But currently it will need more integration and more test to be done on our side before we add it in a next release.

Cheers,
    Alex

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.