How many gateway modules needed for tracking?

VR Tracker : 3D Positional Tracker for Virtual Reality Forums Forum HardWare How many gateway modules needed for tracking?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jules Thuillier 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Paul Yeung
    Participant

Hello ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m wanting to set up a room with 4 cameras (one in each top corner of the room). How many gateway modules will I need for the tracking to work correctly?

Cheers!

VR Tracker Beta 1 Dev Kit User

Jules Thuillier
    Keymaster

Hi there ! ๐Ÿ™‚

For 4 cameras only 1 Gateway is necessary ! But for faster tracking you could also wire them with ethernet. What we did in our room, is that we configured a Wifi Router to emulate the Gateway Wifi. We connected the Cameras to the Router using ethernet (using a switch if there is a lot of cameras). And we connected the Gateway to the Router with the ethernet cable.

Then all the Users and Tags connect to the Router’s Wifi, and everything goes to the Gateway. It allows us to have a stronger Wifi signal.
    If you are interested in doing such a setup, I can make a blog article about that later ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers !
    Jules

Hardware Dev

Paul Yeung
    Participant

Hi Jules,

Thanks for that! ๐Ÿ™‚ I probably won’t need the tutorial yet but I’ll flick you a message if I require it.

At what point would you say that you need to have more than 1 gateway modules?

Cheers,
    Paul

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Paul Yeung.

VR Tracker Beta 1 Dev Kit User

bakha97
    Participant

Hi Jules,

Is it possible that only 1 gateway controls 10 cameras or more cameras?
    I am setting 10X10m space with 10 cameras.

Regards,
    Jaeha

Jules Thuillier
    Keymaster

Hi Jaeha,

I have just made a video that will answer your question (especially the last part)

Hardware Dev

Jules Thuillier
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Currently the Gateway itself doesn’t need more power, but mostly a better wifi. As shown in the video above, we use good wifi router to solve that problem at the moment, it can scale at up to 200m2 max I would say, after that we have more development to go through ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hardware Dev

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.